Hello, hungry ones!
I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of brownies. If you haven’t – email me – I want to have a chat with you. I’m sure you’ve been living in a different dimension, and that’s awesome. If you don’t live in Bikini Bottom, dude, you have issues.
But on the other hand, I may have issues. I just heard of brownies’ cousin, blondies. I know it sounds quite… racial in nature but it is gooooood. It’s very easy to make with just one bowl, and fast too. Denser than cookies and more complex than brownies as you can customize it with coconuts and lemons, this recipe is a keeper.
For this recipe, I added banana and pili nuts to the basic recipe to give it a twist. It is fantastic. The velvety crunch of the pili and the sweetness of the banana are perfect for your coffee.
What you need (Basic Recipe):
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C flour
- 1 egg
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Add-ons (if you want):
- 1/2 C roasted nuts (I used pili nuts for this)
- 1/2 C white-chocolate chips/butterscotch chips
- 1/2 C mashed bananas (Cavendish works best)
- 1/2 C dried fruit (cranberries and cherries work best)
- 2 T powdered coffee
- pinch of cinnamon
What to do:
- Grease your 8×8 pan with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add salt, flour and any additions.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes or until set in the middle. I always check on the 20 minute mark for these kinds of recipes as I want them moist. Nobody complains!
- Cool on a wire rack, slice and enjoy!