Hello hungry ones! Let’s have something fast and easy again. This recipe is, again, one of my favourite go-tos when I was in Samui because it’s cheap and very convenient to make. I lived with hotel furniture then: bed, box fridge and a desk. What’s a girl who loves to cook gonna do? Use the cafe kitchen! Of course I know I am leeching on their gas resources so I tried to keep my cooking fast, but also not compromise flavor. Result? Creamy, healthy, comfort food goodness.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 c milk
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 200 g champignon or button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsps flour, dissolved in 1/2 c water as thickener
- a handful of spinach leaves
What to do:
1. Saute garlic in coconut oil until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and cook in high heat for 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add milk. Stirring frequently, add the flour + water mixture tablespoon by tablespoon to thicken the solution. DO NOT USE EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE. Just add enough until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach, and turn off the heat. Serve hot. You may add parmesan cheese for garnish. For me, I topped it generously with fried garlic chips. Enjoy!