Hello, hungry ones! Glad to be back. We are so busy these days but rest assured we still have our thoughts on this little blog.
As I have said, we are busy. Tell you what, even if we are, screw that, we are here to live and live well. By that we mean happy and healthy. Treat yourself to a luxury like this meal (every night if you can haha); inspire yourself, keep cool! And eat well. 🙂
What you need:
- 1 large aubergine, cut into ½ cm slices lengthwise
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 150g lentils
- 1 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300g cooked butternut squash
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ small pack basil leaves
- 125g ball of mozzarella, torn
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with 2 tbsp of the oil, lay on baking/foil sheets, season with sal and pepper and bake for 15-20 mins until tender, turning once.
2. Cook the lentils following pack instructions.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Tip in the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Stir though the squash, mushrooms and the tomatoes, plus ½ can of water. Simmer for 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the lentils, basil and seasoning.
4. Spoon a layer of lentils into a small baking dish. Top with aubergine slices and repeat, finishing with a layer of aubergine. Scatter with mozzarella and bake for a further 15 mins until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
5. Serve. While you’re at it, get a glass of wine and chill. You’re welcome!
- Eggplant and Lentil Soup (twobroadstravel.com)
- Recipe: Spiced Lentils With Egg – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Meatfree Monday: Aubergine Tower Power (slinkyshakes.wordpress.com)
- Eggplant with Lentils and Goat Cheese (lindseysrecipe.wordpress.com)
- Last Night’s Dinner – Pasta with Aubergine and Roasted Vegetables (rodskitchen.wordpress.com)