Hello, hungry ones! How cute is the smoothie we are having today? To celebrate spring, we are going to have a potted plant smoothie! Which brings me… How are you doing this spring? Or in my case, how are you surviving in this crazy tropical summer heat! I’m in Indonesia as of the moment and the weather is hot, hot, hot! To escape the heat, I make smoothies – Yummy, filling, nutritious but most importantly cold. I repeat: COLD. Now this escape-the-heat potion I’ll present is even more refreshing because of the secret ingredient that is mint. Mint is very beneficial to your body, with benefits ranging from clearing respiratory pathways, to aiding digestion and even treating cancer (and of course freshening our breath), mint should be a part of our regular diet.
So come on, pick that banana off the fruit dish and grab a bunch of mint. Let’s do this!
- 1 cold banana
- 2/3 c cold fresh milk (or soya milk but almond milk is much preferred)
- 1/3 c yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, leave some for garnishing
- crushed chocolate wafer sticks for garnishing
What to do:
- Grab the blender and put the banana – in which, I assume, you have lovingly broke into several smaller pieces. Throw in the other stuff into the mix except for the crushed wafer sticks.
- Blend/pulse/process the mixture. Transfer into a glass. Top with crushed wafer sticks and mint. Enjoy your personal (and cute) Mint banana smoothie!