Hello, hungry ones! Hope you’re good! This next pasta dish, which I humbly call Pasta a la Pobre, is dedicated to your trusty pantry. Sometimes, when you have an emergency guest (like that time when your recently dumped best friend decided to stay over) and you can’t be bothered to get out the house, you turn to your pantry and whip whatever you can in less than 10 minutes.
What you need:
- 450 g spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 salted egg (itlog na pula/ century egg) or hard boiled egg, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup smoked fish, shredded
- 1/4 c black olives, pitted and sliced
- pepper for seasoning
What to do:
1. Heat the oil and saute the garlic. Add the fish. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the olives.
2. Mix in spaghetti. Add pepper. Salt isn’t necessary as the fish is salty.
3. Serve on a plate, garnish with salted egg. Now you can brag your new pasta dish! Enjoy!